Nutrition for the Elderly with diabetic
Appeton Wellness 60+ Diabetic is the first and only complete, balanced nutritional food, specially formulated for seniors 60+ who are either diabetic or pre-diabetic. It is also suitable for those with diabetic complications such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease and diabetic nephropathy.
Appeton Wellness 60+ Diabetic is a nutritional food for seniors that will not cause a sugar or protein spike. It is made up of the unique combination of Carboplex, Proteplex, Inuplex, EPA and DHA. It is also cholesterol free, lactose free and gluten free. Appeton Wellness 60+ Diabetic, which is complete with carbohydrate, proteins and fat, helps to provide sufficient amount of energy and prevent malnutrition for the elderly.
The Energy Complex in Appeton Wellness 60+ Diabetic is made up of vitamin B Complex and Chromium. Energy Complex helps metabolise energy effectively at the cellular level, providing energy and vitality throughout the day. It also helps to maintain normal blood glucose levelsAppeton Wellness 60+ Diabetic meets the international guidelines set by:
- The American Association of Kidney Patients
- The American Diabetes Association
- The American Heart Association
- Diabetes UK
- Manage optimal blood glucose level
Specially formulated with slow-release carbohydrate which contributes to a low Glycemic Index (GI) formulation. It supplies gradual energy to the body without causing a spike in plasma glucose. Persistently high blood sugar can be harmful to the body and lead to other complication eg: Kidney failure
- Promote healthy digestive system
Formulated inulin and pea fiber to help maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Kidney & Heart-friendly formulation
- Formulated with casein, a slow-release protein to supply a gradual amount of protein to the body without burdening the kidney. It also helps to preserve lean muscle while preventing loss of muscle.
- Fortified with Omega 3 (EPA & DHA) help maintain a normal heart function with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Low In Sodium
High sodium intake will increase the blood pressure and increase the risk of heart disease. Low in sodium helps to reduce kidney burden and preserve its function. This formulation is low in sodium.
- Free from lactose, gluten & cholesterol
Recommended for :
- Diabetic with other complications (e.g. decrease kidney functions, high blood pressure & heart problems)
- Age Group: Seniors with diabetic or pre-diabetic
Maltodextrin, Seed Oil, Maltitol, Sodium Caseinate, Soy Protein Isolate, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), Minerals (Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Chromium Picolinate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Ammonium Heptamolybdate), EPA and DHA (extract oil from marine life), Pea Fiber, Permitted Flavouring (Vanilla flavour), Choline Bitatrate, Vitamins (Sodium Ascorbate, DI-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin A Acetate, Kolekalciferol, Niacinamide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Phytonadione, Cyanocobalamin, β-Carotene, Soy Lecithin, L-Carnitine, Inositol and Taurine.
Direction of Use:
For one serving, mix 200ml of warm water with 5 levelled scoops of Appeton Wellness 60+ Diabetic (53.2g).
- As dietary supplement (oral use):
2-3 servings per day. Suitable for pre-diabetic and diabetic seniors who need additional nutritional intake.
- As meal replacement (oral use):
6 servings per day or follow physician’s and dietitian’s direction.
Suitable for those who depend fully on oral nutritional supplement.
- As meal replacement (tube feeding):
Follow physician’s and dietician’s advice. The flow rate, volume and dilution depend on the patient’s condition and physiological tolerance.
While DoctorOnCall strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending updates on our site