Manufactured bySM Pharmaceuticals
Metgyl 400mg Tablet is better taken after meal. To get the most value, it can be taken every day at the fixed time. The dose you are advised would differ on what you are being treated for and its severity.
If you are allergic to this medicine or have any kidney or liver disorders or any nervous system disorder, talk with your doctor before administering this medication. Your doctor can change the dosage or recommend another medicine. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, tell your doctor before taking this medicine.
1. Phillips MA, Stanley SL Jr. Chemotherapy of Protozoal Infections: Amebiasis, Giardiasis, Trichomoniasis, Trypanosomiasis, Leishmaniasis, and Other Protozoal Infections. In: Brunton LL, Chabner BA, Knollmann BC, editors. Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 12th ed. New York, New York: McGraw-Hill Medical; 2011. pp. 1428-30.
2. Chambers HF, Deck DH. Miscellaneous Antimicrobial Agents; Disingectants, Antiseptics, & Sterilants. In: Katzung BG, Masters SB, Trevor AJ, editors. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. 11th ed. New Delhi, India: Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited; 2009. p. 877.
3. Rosenthal PJ. Antiprotozoal Drugs. In: Katzung BG, Masters SB, Trevor AJ, editors. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. 11th ed. New Delhi, India: Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited; 2009. pp. 912-14.
4. Briggs GG, Freeman RK, editors. A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk: Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2015. pp. 905-910.
5. Metronidazole. New York, New York: Pfizer; 2013. [Accessed 29 Mar. 2019] (online)
6. Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2004;80(5 Suppl):S189-98. [Accessed 29 Mar. 2019] (online)
Many side effects require minimal medical assistance and fades as the body responds to the medicine. Speak to the doctor if they continue or if you are particularly worried.
Headache, dryness in the throat, nausea and a mild metallic taste in the mouth are the most frequent side effects of this medication. These are generally mild, so let the doctor know if they affect you or prolongs. To overcome the dryness or metallic taste in the mouth, you should take sugarless candies or lozenges.
If you miss a dose of Metgyl 400mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Information last updated on: : Thu Sep 09 2021 21:31:54 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product
The content provided on this webpage is to provide information only, to be fully-interpreted by a medical professional, and not intended as a guide to make purchase decisions, or a substitute to advice of a medical professional. Effectiveness and side effects of medication may differ from individual to individual. We do not encourage any customer to self-diagnose and/or self-medicate. Patients should always consult a medical professional before taking or using any medication. The content provided here is non-exhaustive and may not cover all aspects of the medication. Our service should only be used to support the doctor-patient dynamic, not replace it.
The fulfilment of prescription medication is subject to our review of a prescription issued by a Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) registered doctor. If required, we will provide a tele-consult service with one of our registered panel doctors. This is not an advertisement of a medicine as such an advertisement would require prior approval from the Medicines Advertisement Board of Malaysia.
Metgyl 400mg Tablet is available in many areas in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang, Titiwangsa, Setiawangsa, Wangsa Maju, Kepong, Segambut, Bandar Tun Razak, Cheras, Subang Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Mont Kiara, Puchong, Bandar Sunway, TTDI, Seri Kembangan, Klang, Bukit Tinggi, Damansara, Sentul, Penang, George Town, Jelutong, Gelugor, Bayan Baru, Bandar Baru Air Itam, Sungai Ara, Bukit Mertajam, Butterworth, Perai, Johor Bahru, Skudai, Bukit Indah, Gelang Patah, Senai, Pasir Gudang, Taman Daya, Taman Molek, Taman Perling, Tebrau, Danga Bay, Larkin, Nusajaya, Pontian, Masai, Setia Tropika, Desaru, Tampoi.
Metgyl 400mg Tablet is available at many places in Singapore. Ang Mo Kio, Alexandra, Admiralty, Bedok, Bishan, Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Timah, Boat Quay, Buona Vista, Beach Road, Bugis, Balestier, Boon Lay, Central Area, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Chinatown, Commonwealt, City Hall, Clarke Quay, Changi Airport, Changi Village, Clementi Park, Dairy Farm, Eunos, East Coast, Farrer Park, Geylang, Hougang, Harbourfront, Holland, Jurong, Jurong East, Jurong West, Kallang/ Whampoa, Lim Chu Kang, Marine Parade, Marina, Macpherson, Mandai, Newton, Novena, Orchard, Pasir Ris, Punggol, Potong Pasir, Paya Lebar, Queenstown, Raffles Place, Rochor, River Valley, Sembawang, Sengkang, Serangoon, Serangoon Rd, Seletar, Tampines, Toa Payoh, Tanjong Pagar, Telok Blangah, Tanglin, Thomson, Tuas, Tengah, Upper East Coast, Upper Bukit Timah, Upper Thomson, Woodlands, West Coast, Yishun, Yio Chu Kang.