Sign Up / Log In
Check out our latest hospital partners and specialist services now available for online video and phone consultation!
Voucher will be automatically applied upon checkout
*Limited to 1 use per customer only
*DOC reserves the right to reverse the voucher redemption and cancel any orders associated if the code is used more than once
Product Added to Your Cart
Keppra 500mg Tablet 10s (strip)
You can take this medication with or without food, but try to take it at the same time every day to make the most of benefit. The dosage will depend on your condition and how you respond to the medicine . Your doctor will give you the proper dose. It is usually prescribed for long-term therapy. You can continue to take it as long as your doctor has told you to, even though you feel fine. If you stop or miss doses, the seizures can get worse.
Before taking it, you can inform your doctor whether you have any other condition and if you are pregnant, are expecting to become pregnant or are breast-feeding. Your doctor may recommend routine blood tests to monitor your kidney function when you are taking this medication.
1. Stahl SM, editor. Levetiracetam. In: Stahl's Essential Pschopharmacology: Prescriber's Guide. 5th ed. New York, New York: Cambridge University Press; 2014. pp. 333-36.
2. McNamara JO. Pharmacotherapy of the Epilepsies. In: Brunton LL, Chabner BA, Knollmann BC, editors. Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 12th ed. New York, New York: McGraw-Hill Medical; 2011. p. 600.
3. Porters RJ, Meldrum BS. Antiseizure Drugs. In: Katzung BG, Masters SB, Trevor AJ, editors. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. 11th ed. New Delhi, India: Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited; 2009. p. 411.
4. Briggs GG, Freeman RK, editors. A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk: Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2015. p. 789.
5. Levetiracetam [FDA Label]. Smyrna, Georgia: UCB, Inc.; 1999 [revised Apr. 2017]. [Accessed 16 Jul. 2019] (online)
6. Hayes, UK: Ranbaxy (UK) Limited a Sun Pharmaceutical Company; 2011 [revised 26 Oct. 2018]. [Accessed 25 Mar. 2019] (online)
7. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Levetiracetam. [Updated 2020 Jan 20]. [Accessed 20 Feb. 2020] (online)
8. Antiepileptic medications and how is it prescribed, Rch.org.au
9. Epilepsy - Treatment, National health Services
10. Hixson JD. Stopping antiepileptic drugs: when and why?. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2010;12(5):434-442. doi:10.1007/s11940-010-0083-8
11. How long does epileptic medicine works, epilepsy.com
12. Kendrick JG, Ma K, Dezorzi P, Hamilton D. Vomiting of oral medications by pediatric patients: survey of medication redosing practices. Can J Hosp Pharm. 2012;65(3):196-201. doi:10.4212/cjhp.v65i3.1142
13. Lamotrigine, Consumer medication information leaflet, Quest3 BPFK
14. Pregabalin, Consumer medication information leaflet, Quest3 BPFK
15. Tips for lifestyle modification, epilepsy.com
16. BNF 73
Most side effects do not need medical attention and dissolve as the body responds to the medication. Consult your doctor if they continue or if you are concerned about them
Some of the common side effects of this medication include dizziness, headache, infection, irritation, stuffy nose, sleepiness, behavioural changes, aggressive behaviour, and loss of appetite Side effects are more common in the first few weeks and typically decrease as the body gets used to the medication. Most of these side effects may not require medical attention, but some of them can be severe.
RETURN AND/OR EXCHANGE
Return and/ or Exchange of Products can be arranged under the following reasons:
RETURN AND/OR EXCHANGE
Information last updated on: : Wed Mar 22 2023 10:40:11 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product
The content provided on this webpage is to provide information only, to be fully-interpreted by a medical professional, and not intended as a guide to make purchase decisions, or a substitute to advice of a medical professional. Effectiveness and side effects of medication may differ from individual to individual. We do not encourage any customer to self-diagnose and/or self-medicate. Patients should always consult a medical professional before taking or using any medication. The content provided here is non-exhaustive and may not cover all aspects of the medication. Our service should only be used to support the doctor-patient dynamic, not replace it.
The fulfilment of prescription medication is subject to our review of a prescription issued by a Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) registered doctor. If required, we will provide a tele-consult service with one of our registered panel doctors. This is not an advertisement of a medicine as such an advertisement would require prior approval from the Medicines Advertisement Board of Malaysia.
Keppra 500mg Tablet 10s (strip) is available in many areas in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang, Titiwangsa, Setiawangsa, Wangsa Maju, Kepong, Segambut, Bandar Tun Razak, Cheras, Subang Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Mont Kiara, Puchong, Bandar Sunway, TTDI, Seri Kembangan, Klang, Bukit Tinggi, Damansara, Sentul, Penang, George Town, Jelutong, Gelugor, Bayan Baru, Bandar Baru Air Itam, Sungai Ara, Bukit Mertajam, Butterworth, Perai, Johor Bahru, Skudai, Bukit Indah, Gelang Patah, Senai, Pasir Gudang, Taman Daya, Taman Molek, Taman Perling, Tebrau, Danga Bay, Larkin, Nusajaya, Pontian, Masai, Setia Tropika, Desaru, Tampoi.
Keppra 500mg Tablet 10s (strip) is available at many places in Singapore. Ang Mo Kio, Alexandra, Admiralty, Bedok, Bishan, Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Timah, Boat Quay, Buona Vista, Beach Road, Bugis, Balestier, Boon Lay, Central Area, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Chinatown, Commonwealt, City Hall, Clarke Quay, Changi Airport, Changi Village, Clementi Park, Dairy Farm, Eunos, East Coast, Farrer Park, Geylang, Hougang, Harbourfront, Holland, Jurong, Jurong East, Jurong West, Kallang/ Whampoa, Lim Chu Kang, Marine Parade, Marina, Macpherson, Mandai, Newton, Novena, Orchard, Pasir Ris, Punggol, Potong Pasir, Paya Lebar, Queenstown, Raffles Place, Rochor, River Valley, Sembawang, Sengkang, Serangoon, Serangoon Rd, Seletar, Tampines, Toa Payoh, Tanjong Pagar, Telok Blangah, Tanglin, Thomson, Tuas, Tengah, Upper East Coast, Upper Bukit Timah, Upper Thomson, Woodlands, West Coast, Yishun, Yio Chu Kang.