ePharmacy Latest Promotion Consult a Specialist
Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Having problem with my diet

Answered by: Dr Sashini Seeni

Last Updated: March 6, 2021 10:10 AM
Anonymous 6 months

I tried to diet but it seem stucked .The problem is my BMI is 30+ and i have hypertension.i want to reduced wieight so i can lower my hypertension.And i heard about aslene .So should i see doc first to get prescription?

Dr Sashini Seeni 6 months
General Practitioner

Greetings! Thank you for your questions.

First and foremost, we truly understand your concerns regarding your symptoms and other health problems you might be facing. For your information, excessive weight may increase the risk of many health problems such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases and joint problems.

This involves dietary modification and restriction and increased physical activity. BMI is a screening tool that indicates high levels of fat and risk of excess fat. This important to know how your progress is going by weighing in every week. Practise drinking plain water before meal. Drinking water is known to boost metabolism by 30% hence helping in burning fat.

Regarding the medication you have mentioned, yes, you need to get prescription from a doctor first. In order for us to provide you with an accurate choice of treatment and management, we need additional details to explore further into your current complaints. Therefore, we greatly suggest that you refer this to your nearest medical doctor for full examination. You may also click on this link (DoctorOnCall) to speak with our doctors online. We assure you that our conversations are kept in confidentiality unless additional consultation needed with other medical parties. This is just a general answer to your question. Thank you.


Last Updated: Sat Mar 06 2021 10:10:24 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or specialist online about overweight from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
Do you know that your immune system plays role in the effectiveness of vaccines?
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment
COVID-19 Test Services
See all coronavirus COVID-19 test service providers in Malaysia. PCR/RTK test at home, clinic, drive through or to your premises.
See All COVID-19 Tests

Top Questions