Our panel of doctors at DoctorOnCall

Dr Sashini Seeni

General Health

Dr M Ramzdhan

General Health

Dr Nathaniel Ho

General Health

Dr Rashid Khan

General Health

Dr Nurhayati

General Health

Dr Sri Viknarajan

General Health

Dr Fatahiyah

General Health

Dr Nur Syuhada

General Health

Dr Lee Chin Meng

General Health

Dr Mohamad Kashfi

General Health

English and Malay
Our doctors can help you in both languages
Accredited Doctors
All doctors at DoctorOnCall are registered with Health Ministry of Malaysia
Privacy Guaranteed
Your data is safe and will not be revealed to any parties
Quick and Efficient
All queries will be answered by doctors in a quick and efficient manner
*This is a public forum. Please do not put any personal information such as phone numbers, emails as it will be publicly visible
Submit Anonymously

Give a title to your health problem
*Title must be more than 20 characters
Explain in detail what health problem you're having
*Explanation must be more than 20 characters
Please enter your email address so we can send you answer to your question

Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

I think I have premature ejaculation

Answered by: Dr Sri Viknarajan

Last Updated: May 24, 2019 2:55 AM
sufi 16 months

Hi doc, I’m 24 years old now . I’m face a problem when during sex with my partner , I think I have premature ejaculation . I cannot control and cannot last longer than 3 mins. I feel so embrass when having sex and no confident at all.

Dr Sri Viknarajan 16 months
General Practitioner
  • Hi there. Thank you for your question.Before we dwell further into this, let’s identify if you do have premature ejaculation (PE). PE is understandably embarrassing for men but fret not as it is a treatable issue. International Society of Sexual Medicine recognizes that the vast majority of premature ejaculation sufferers ejaculate within one minute. In actuality, most men cannot estimate the duration of ejaculation.

  • Premature ejaculation is known as the commonest sexual dysfunction, as it affects as many as one in three sexually active men. It can be defined as ejaculating sooner than intended or before you or your partner wish to climax. There are two types of PE, which are acquired and lifelong PE. To identify these, a detailed sexual history is needed. Lifelong PE means that the problem has been there since puberty, whereas acquired PE occurs after a certain period after puberty.

  • Acquired PE can be due to several factors such as psychological issues (stress or lack of confidence), intake of certain medications such as beta blockers, the use of recreational drugs. It can also be a sign of an underlying problem such as erectile dysfunction. As for your case, I would like to know if there has been changes in your environment such as partner, relationship or even cultural or religious factors.

  • Besides that, underlying medical condition with the intake of new medication also need to be identified. Once you have identified these answers, I would suggest you to discuss this with your healthcare provider. Once a diagnosis is established, there are several treatments available depending on the cause.

  • These could be psychological therapy, behavioural therapy and also medications. Before starting on any of this treatment, your healthcare provider will explain to you the risks and benefits for each treatment.

Last Updated: Fri May 24 2019 02:55:18 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Urologist Specialist online about premature ejaculation from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult
Specialist Consult
From RM80
Ask Doctor For Free Malaysia Day celebrations: RM15 off