Answered by: Dr Ramzdhan
hi, my baby will be 12 months old tomorrow, and will be due for his vaccination MMR dose 2 at KK. In the current covid 19 outbreak situation, plus the Movement Restriction Order in place, is it ok for us to delay his MMR dose 2 vaccination to a later date ? (ie: few weeks after this, or when he is 13 months old). As we afraid that bring him to clinic at current situation might expose him to the bigger risk of Covid 19.
(Note: He followed 100% all the vaccination since born till now, include the MMR dose 1 at age 9 months. And currently healthy and normal in all aspects through out all the KK follow up).
Your advise pls, thanks.
Thank you for your questions. The following answers regarding your current queries are just general descriptions due to the limited information provided by you. Click on this link (DoctorOnCall) for a private consultation with our doctors.
First and foremost, any clinic appoinment is assign to follow as scheduled. I understand that you are worried about current COVID-19 outbreak. Nevertheless, vaccine can protect your baby against other pathogens. To minimize the risk of transmission, please follow these steps.
These are the guidelines from the Centre of Disease Control (CDC):
In order for us to provide you with an accurate choice of treatment and management, we need additional details to explore further into your current complaints. Therefore, we greatly suggest that you refer this to your nearest medical doctor. You may also click on this link (DoctorOnCall) to speak with our doctors online. We assure you that our conversations are kept in confidentiality unless additional consultation needed with other medical parties. Thank you.