Ask Doctor

Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Food arch become flat

Answered by: Dr Ramzdhan

Last Updated: October 24, 2020 12:07 PM

Anonymous 40 days

Im 21 years old female. Recently I found that my right foot arch almost become flat and a bit not comfortable when walking. I remember my foot arch are normal before. May I know why it become like this and how to treat it? I found on internet that this can be treated by doing some exercise. Is it useful or better go to see the doctor? And I’m worried about the fee may be too expensive. Do the government specialist provide this kind of treatment?

Dr Ramzdhan 40 days
General Practitioner

Hi and thank you for asking us

Through the question and statement you gave on the above section, i completely understand your concern over this matter. For your information flat feet can be caused by one of these conditions:

  • genetics. It means you have a family history of flat feet
  • injury to the foot
  • arthritis
  • diabetes
  • obesity
  • nerve injury such as cerebral palsy
  • muscle disease such as muscle dystrophy

I could advice on the treatments but it is advisable to find the cause of your condition before giving any treatment or it would be a waste of effort without the cause of it. Exercises are used for helping to treat the symptoms and not the cause, it might help you with managing the pain.

Still have weak knees? Get all the strength you need for your daily activities

If you have any more enquiries, you can click on the link (DoctorOnCall) and speak to our doctors in private and get the consultation you need on the phone. Thank you.

Last Updated: Sat Oct 24 2020 12:07:45 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Specialist online about general health from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
FREE Detailed Health Assessment
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment
Gynecological problems I am 25 .I want to ask, I feel There is something moving in the left abdomen, but I do not get pregnant.If the massage will feel there is a throbbing lump .is it dangerous? Read more...
28 days
All ok just pimples on face I am 29 years old , and I have just little pimples on face only Read more...
11 days
How to increase height hi… I’m 17, male. how can I increase my height from 1.72m to somewhere about 1.75m or maybe up to 1.80m max if possible? can you suggest the most effective ways please… Read more...
16 days
Coughing for one month Hi doctor,i am a woman with 3 kids and 30 years old,i have been working in an automotive car paint for 3 years,i just confirmed to suffer from pneumonia.My question is,is my workplace is the mai… Read more...
40 hours
Conversion of mixt potassium chloride to tab Slow-K Hi, doctor. i want to ask how to know how many tab of Slow-K need to take when a patient need to drink 20mL of mixt potassium chloride 500mg/5mL? Read more...
14 days