Mouth ulcer/ mouth sore
I have ulcer at root of mouth since 3 Jan. It was painful and large abt 2cm. After 1 week, no more pain already and the ulcer is getting smaller. However, there is still ulcer there abt <1cm, but no pain until now. Do I need to see doctor? What types of dr do I need to see
Hello and good afternoon.
Thank you for your question.
Based on your question, I understand that you are worried about the mouth ulcer. I will try my best to help you.
For your information, there are many factors that might cause a person to incidentally develop mouth ulcers. Some of them include:
- Injuries while brushing your teeth
- Physical trauma of the mouth
- Bad oral health
- Consumption of spicy foods
- Poor habit or lack of drinking plain water
- Signs of dehydration
It could also be due to a more serious underlying problem, such as:
- Bacterial infections
- Autoimmune diseases
- Early signs of neoplastic disorders
You are advise to restrain from putting salt or anything that might further irritate the the ulcer. Please see a doctor as soon as possible if:
- your ulcer persists, worsens or does not heal on its own
- there are other accompanying symptoms (i.e. bleeding, swelling, fever, etc.)
In the meantime you can try to:
- avoid spicy foods
- drink plenty of water
- gargle with warm water
- maintain good oral hygiene
You can also try to put antiseptic gels or other gels advised by your doctor. No matter what, oral health care is generally more important in preventing these ulcers from appearing frequently or continuing to occur.
I hope this answer is able to help you. Thank you.