Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

I think I have premature ejaculation

Answered by: Dr Sri Viknarajan

Last Updated: May 24, 2019 2:55 AM

sufi 16 months

Hi doc, I’m 24 years old now . I’m face a problem when during sex with my partner , I think I have premature ejaculation . I cannot control and cannot last longer than 3 mins. I feel so embrass when having sex and no confident at all.

Dr Sri Viknarajan 16 months
General Practitioner
  • Hi there. Thank you for your question.Before we dwell further into this, let’s identify if you do have premature ejaculation (PE). PE is understandably embarrassing for men but fret not as it is a treatable issue. International Society of Sexual Medicine recognizes that the vast majority of premature ejaculation sufferers ejaculate within one minute. In actuality, most men cannot estimate the duration of ejaculation.

  • Premature ejaculation is known as the commonest sexual dysfunction, as it affects as many as one in three sexually active men. It can be defined as ejaculating sooner than intended or before you or your partner wish to climax. There are two types of PE, which are acquired and lifelong PE. To identify these, a detailed sexual history is needed. Lifelong PE means that the problem has been there since puberty, whereas acquired PE occurs after a certain period after puberty.

  • Acquired PE can be due to several factors such as psychological issues (stress or lack of confidence), intake of certain medications such as beta blockers, the use of recreational drugs. It can also be a sign of an underlying problem such as erectile dysfunction. As for your case, I would like to know if there has been changes in your environment such as partner, relationship or even cultural or religious factors.

  • Besides that, underlying medical condition with the intake of new medication also need to be identified. Once you have identified these answers, I would suggest you to discuss this with your healthcare provider. Once a diagnosis is established, there are several treatments available depending on the cause.

  • These could be psychological therapy, behavioural therapy and also medications. Before starting on any of this treatment, your healthcare provider will explain to you the risks and benefits for each treatment.

Last Updated: Fri May 24 2019 02:55:18 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Urologist Specialist online about premature ejaculation from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult
Specialist Consult
From RM80
Delay of ejaculation After taking augmentin 1g tablet i have been having delay ejaculation please help me Read more...
12 months
Ejaculation Pre-Mature Dear Doctor, I’m a teenager…18 years old …and still studying. I’m too shy to ask face to face…I have a problem on " awal pancut " I’m very afraid. What should I do to avoid this problem and how to l… Read more...
14 months
Premature ejaculation problem Hi Doctor… I’m 43 years old…I facing a PE problem because the duration of having sex is less than 3mins… Need yr consultantation. My friend recommended me to take Priligy 30mg… It’s suitable for… Read more...
2 months
Pre ejaculation problem I am 23 this year and have PE problem even during masturbation. Will ejaculate within 1-2 minute. Can I take priligy? Read more...
7 months
Premature Ejaculation During Sex Hi, I am a man of 30 years and I noticed of recent I have PE during sex. How can I treat and solve this? Someone recommended priligy to help solve it, do you think it’s a good fit for PE? Thanksm Read more...
14 months
Ask Doctor For Free Malaysia Day celebrations: RM15 off