Need Help?

Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Upper back and shoulder pain and numbess right hand

Answered by: Dr Sri Viknarajan

Last Updated: November 8, 2020 2:06 AM

Anonymous 2 months

I have been feeling pain at my upper back and shoulder on the right side. Sometimes with the pain, I felt numbness, tingling and my right hand feel like ‘lenguh’ something like that. It goes on like sometimes it comes and go. And the pain remains for a long time. But there a time I didnt feel pain at all. What do you think I’m suffering? I don’t want to go to further check as currently I just started new work at new place. Is there any medicine that helps me ease the problem?

Dr Sri Viknarajan 2 months
General Practitioner

Good morning and thank you for contacting us

We truly understand your concern with regard to your current condition. However our views would only reflect based on the linear description that you have brought forth into the forum.

From your complaints, we believe that your condition may have multifactorial causes such as:

  • Pressure on the nerves
  • Pinched nerves
  • Inflammation of the nerves
  • Neuropathy
  • Nerve injury

or even related to our daily routine:

  • Cumulated work fatigue
  • Upper extremities exhaustion
  • Use of certain medications
  • Use of toxic substances like alcohol

or due to a more serius condition such as:

  • Reduced blood supply
  • Diabetes
  • Hypotiroidism
  • Multiple sclerosis

Do immediately go to the neaby clinic or hospital if you experience the following:

  • The pain becomes more frequent or increased in duration
  • Experience acute burning sensation or unabated pain
  • The pain have migrated/radiated elsewhere
  • The pain interferes with your daily routine or work

For now I do suggest you to:

  • Continue your daily life as normal
  • Schedule a 5 to15 minutes break every few hours of working
  • Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration
  • Don’t skip meals to avoid hyperglycemia (read: eat healthy)
  • Exercise regularly but don’t forget to warm up
  • You may also take neurological supplements (i.e. fish oil & vit B)

Want to take the extra initiative to be healthier? Supplement is the best option for you.

To know further with regards to your condition, or to be able to decide on which therapy best suited for your condition, additional assessment must be done. With that being said we encourage you to consult with the nearest clinic or hospital in your area. In addition you can also talk directly to our doctors by using this link. (DoctorOnCall) Thank you.

Last Updated: Sun Nov 08 2020 02:06:17 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Specialist online about general health from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
FREE Detailed Health Assessment
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment
Request for prescription I need a prescription for a supplement i have been taking to purchase it on this site. How do i go about getting one. Can i get it from my current GP or does it have to be a doctor from this sit… Read more...
9 days
Lump under left armpit I am 44 years old and i have a pea size lump under my armpit (under the skin). I have been having this lump for 6 years. When i first had it, i went to clinic and see doctor. The lady doctor tol… Read more...
19 days
One kind of heart pain i dont understand that hello im a boy who is 18 years old when i sleep i cant breath properly and suddenly i get one kind of pain from the heart actually and its pains like someone is pocking or smacking me Read more...
13 days
Dandruff and severe hairfall Hi I am 26 yr old and I am struggling with white patches on scalp and severe hairfall. Please help me with this. I am using Diane shampoo Read more...
2 days
Osteoarthritis (please help me for my assignment) What are the risks having osteoarthritis untreated? Read more...
4 days