ePharmacy Latest Promotion Consult a Specialist
Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

How to increase weight

Answered by: Dr Nur Syuhada binti Zulkifli

Last Updated: May 22, 2021 5:31 PM
Anonymous 2 months

My mother is currently 64 years old and she is currently underweight (32 kg and 151 cm). So, besides consuming myotein as per suggested, what other natural food she can eat such as vegetables or fruits and other foods.

Dr Nur Syuhada binti Zulkifli 2 months
General Practitioner

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us.

We understand the problem your mother is currently experiencing. Based on your statement, there are several other method that can be done by someone to increase their weight the right way, such as:

  • Eat a balanced meal
  • Exercise regularly
  • Eat more frequently but in small or moderate portion
  • Add some healthy extra dishes such as cheese

On top of that there are few factors that could contribute to underweight issues:

  • Infection especially worm infestation and gastrointestinal infection
  • Eating disorders
  • Cancer
  • Diabetes
  • Celiac disease

This is just our general description of your mother’s condition. We recommend that she to see a doctor so that an examination can be done and treatment can be given to her.

If you have further questions, please contact us at (DoctorOnCall) to speak with our doctor in person. Thank you.


Last Updated: Sat May 22 2021 17:31:15 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Specialist online about general health from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
FREE Detailed Health Assessment
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment
COVID-19 Test Services
See all coronavirus COVID-19 test service providers in Malaysia. PCR/RTK test at home, clinic, drive through or to your premises.
See All COVID-19 Tests

Top Questions