ePharmacy Latest Promotion Consult a Specialist
Need Help?
Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Red itchy rash appeared on my body

Answered by: Dr Ramzdhan

Last Updated: May 14, 2021 4:38 PM
Anonymous 17 months

I am a male and 26 years old. I notice that i have red itchy rashes on my body and I am not sure whether I am allergic to any kind of food or not ( no history of allergy). I suspect that i was infected by bacterial infection during my shower. Through my reading on google its called pseudomonas folliculitis. May i know if antibiotic can be use to treat such thing? thanks

Do you know that your immune system plays role in the effectiveness of vaccines?
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Dr Ramzdhan 17 months
General Practitioner

Hello and thank you for contacting us.

We truly understand your concern with regard to your current condition. From your complaints, we believe that your condition may have multifactorial causes such as:

  • allergic reaction
  • eczema
  • psoriasis
  • insect bites
  • fungal/viral/bacterial infection
  • other skin conditions

There are also certain risk factors that might trigger such a condition:

  • warm weather
  • poor hygiene
  • obesity
  • use of antibiotics and corticosteroids
  • diabetes
  • incomplete drying of damp or wet skin

For the time being, I suggest you to

  • always ensure the body is hydrated
  • moisturize your skin using over the counter body lotion
  • prevent going to places that are too hot, too cold, or lack humidity
  • staying in a room with bad ventilation or dusty surrounding
  • immediately seek a doctor at the nearby clinic or hospital if conditions persist or getting worse

Ensure your body is always clean, healthy & ready. Grab these items to help you out.

However, according to your statement, we believe a thorough clerking, investigation and examination needs to be done first in order to clearly understand what we are facing at the moment. Correspondingly, the given information by you might only touched the surface of an underlying problem.

Get an Aesthetician to help you with your skin’s condition !

Thank you for your questions. The following answers regarding your current queries are just general descriptions due to the limited information provided by you. Click on this link (DoctorOnCall) for a private consultation with our doctors.


Last Updated: Fri May 14 2021 16:38:24 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or specialist online about skin rashes from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore

Top Questions