3 years

Breakout on face - when to see a dermatologist

Hi i’m a woman in late 20… Recently i have breakout on my face… Just want to ask when can i see a dermatologist as in what condition can i see? Right now i using nixoderm, aiken green toner & aloe vera

Hello, and thank you for contacting us

We truly understand your concern with regard to your current condition. However our views would only reflect based on the description that you have brought forth into the forum.

Get that perfect skin with the right skin care.

Notably you are extremely encouraged to seek a doctor’s advised for the best treatment and supplement with regard to your skin, as individual has various skin profile - making treatment distinctive to different patient. But as a temporary measure you can try:

  • products containing alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs) can help fade acne scars
  • products containing lactic acid retinoids will help increase the healing of skin cells
  • Salicylic acid can reduce acne scars, and can even clean pores and reduce redness and swelling sunscreen is important to prevent acne scars from getting darker and clearer

In a nut shell, it is not advisable to squeeze acne during breakout due to the possibility of:

  • scarring of the skin or tissue
  • dizziness or headache (for certain people due to homophobia)
  • skin infection

If you find your acne and break out is too much to compromise or cannot be solved by using over the counter product, it is best that you seek a dermatology or aesthetician help.

Get an Aesthetician to help you with your skin’s condition !

In addition you can also talk directly to our doctors by using this link. (DoctorOnCall) Thank you.


Do you know that your immune system plays role in the effectiveness of vaccines?

Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!

Health Forum

Explore health related questions.