ePharmacy Latest Promotion Consult a Specialist
Need Help?
Our panel of doctors at DoctorOnCall

Dr Sashini Seeni

General Health

Dr M Ramzdhan

General Health

Dr Nathaniel Ho

General Health

Dr Rashid Khan

General Health

Dr Nurhayati

General Health

Dr Sri Viknarajan

General Health

Dr Fatahiyah

General Health

Dr Nur Syuhada

General Health

Dr Lee Chin Meng

General Health

Dr Mohamad Kashfi

General Health

English and Malay
Our doctors can help you in both languages
Accredited Doctors
All doctors at DoctorOnCall are registered with Health Ministry of Malaysia
Privacy Guaranteed
Your data is safe and will not be revealed to any parties
Quick and Efficient
All queries will be answered by doctors in a quick and efficient manner
*This is a public forum. Please do not put any personal information such as phone numbers, emails as it will be publicly visible
Submit Anonymously

Give a title to your health problem
*Title must be more than 20 characters
Explain in detail what health problem you're having
*Explanation must be more than 20 characters
Please enter your email address so we can send you answer to your question

Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Hard thing between rub cage

Answered by: Dr Ramzdhan

Last Updated: October 28, 2020 10:03 AM
Anonymous 2 months

Hi, I am a woman in my 50s. I have a hard and circular (not sure bone/lump) thing between my ribs below my chest (somewhere below the sternum - a little towards my right). I was wondering what could it be? Shouls I be concerned? Its about the size of a 50 cent coin. I can feel it by pressing my hand on it and sitting straight with my chest up.

Dr Ramzdhan 2 months
General Practitioner

Hi and thank you for asking us

Through the question and statement you gave on the above section, i completely understand your concern over this matter. For your information, the chest contains a lot of other tissue, such as muscle, bones and even fats. You should not be alarmed as there are many things that could cause a lump in the chest. The first step is to check with your doctor at a local clinic for an examination. A lump on the chest might be due to one of these causes:

  • Cyst. A cyst is basically a sac filled fluid
  • Fibroadenoma. Painless lump
  • Fibroma. It is a accumulation of fat under the skin
  • Abscess. An abscess would be accompany by symptoms such as pain and fever
  • Injury to the chest
  • Bone tuberculosis
  • Breast cancer

Get through your day healthy and energetic.

Although this is a general explanation over this matter, I advise you to seek and consult any doctor if the symptom worsen. If you have any more enquiries, you can click on the link (DoctorOnCall) and speak to our doctors in private and get the consultation you need on the phone. Thank you.


Last Updated: Wed Oct 28 2020 10:03:07 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Specialist online about general health from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
FREE Detailed Health Assessment
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment