Get RM30 Pharmacy Vaucher Speak to a Doctor Online
Need Help?
Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Swollen, Painful Nose

Answered by: Dr Sri Viknarajan

Last Updated: October 1, 2020 5:43 PM
Anonymous 2 years

My nose became swollen and very painful to touch for 4 days already. It feels like there’s a huge pimple growing inside my nose. I cannot blow my nose or even wash my face because it’s painful to touch the nose area. And I even felt feverish for 4 days, hence I have to take Panadol. This is not the first time, as it happened before 3 months ago and I suffered almost 2 weeks before I can breathe normally or touch my nose. I’m not sure whether I should see a nose specialist or normal GP for my case as I worry this might happen again in the future. Please advise.

Do you know that your immune system plays role in the effectiveness of vaccines?
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Dr Sri Viknarajan 2 years
General Practitioner

Thank you for your questions.

First and foremost, we truly understand your concerns regarding symptoms you’re facing now. Unfortunately, due to limited information and constrain in doing physical examination and also further investigation we could not come into a definite diagnosis. In general, this could be due to:

  • Sinusitis
  • Nose or eye infection
  • Migrain
  • Runny nose

In order for us to provide you with an accurate diagnosis, we need additional details to explore further into your current complaints. Therefore, we greatly suggest that you refer this to your nearest medical doctor.

The following answers regarding your current queries are just general descriptions due to the limited information provided by you.

You may also click on this link (DoctorOnCall) to speak with our doctors online. We assure you that our conversations are kept in confidentiality unless additional consultation needed with other medical parties. Thank you.


Last Updated: Thu Oct 01 2020 17:43:49 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or General Practitioner Specialist online about fever from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore

Top Questions