Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Small uneven area on heel (X Ray)

Answered by: Dr Ramzdhan

Last Updated: January 20, 2021 5:35 AM

Anonymous 35 days

Hi there, I am a 28 years old man and as long as I remember, I do not involved in any accident or any major sports injury, however I felt slight pain when massage my heel. It was after doing X ray only I noticed there is an uneven area on the tip of my calcaneus (heel). It looked like it has been through some friction, hence the uneven surface.
The report says: No evidence of any abnormality.
The ankle mortice is intact.
The calcaneum is normal.

But Im still worry about it as it will feel slight pain sometimes even if I do not touch it. May I know is it a big deal and what should I do to make it recover to normal? or should I avoid doing any sports? Do I need extra cushion to cover that area when wearing shoes? Thanks very much

Dr Ramzdhan 35 days
General Practitioner

Hi and thank you for asking us

Through the question and statement you gave on the above section, i completely understand your concern over this matter. But it is difficult for me to give an accurate choice of treatment and management without further examine your problem. I advise you to go to the nearest clinic or to an orthopedics specialist and bring the x-ray image with you as it is crucial for the doctor to have a look at the x-ray.

But I would advised you to monitor your condition for any signs of:

  • Pain during walking, standing or during rest
  • Numbness in your feet
  • Unable to move certain motions of the feet

For now, you should not do anything that could further complicate or injure your heel as playing sports or standing for a long period of time.

Still have weak knees? Get all the strength you need for your daily activities

If you have any more enquiries, you can click on the link (DoctorOnCall) and speak to our doctors in private and get the consultation you need on the phone. Thank you.

Worry no more about your back pain by contacting our Orthopaedics specialist here!

Last Updated: Wed Jan 20 2021 05:35:34 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Specialist online about general health from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
FREE Detailed Health Assessment
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment
Regarding pulse oximeter Im a 32 years old male, I recently bought a pulse oximeter and I found out thst my sp02 drops to 91% when I sleep, is that normal? Read more...
2 days
Speech Development of 23 months old baby Hi Doctors. I’m a mother of a 23 months old baby girl. My daughter is active, she can understand what people ask to do. But there is something that keep running in my mind. My daughter just can … Read more...
4 hours
0% fats, can a person survive with 0% fats in their body? What happens if a person have 0% fats? I have been curious about this, can a person survive with 0% fats in their body? And if it can/cannot, why? What physiological consequences if the person have 0% fats. (Thank you for making time… Read more...
34 hours
Always have to spit after eating very good day, i am a almost 25 years old male. my question is why after i eat anything my mouth tastes so sour and i have to spit a lot something mucus-like and it i have to scrape my tongue to… Read more...
18 days
To stop addicting weed Hi doctor. Boleh tak nak tanya untuk berhenti ganja kita perlu rujuk doctor bahagian apa ya? General or psy? Read more...
4 days