ePharmacy Latest Promotion Consult a Specialist
Need Help?
Our panel of doctors at DoctorOnCall

Dr Sashini Seeni

General Health

Dr M Ramzdhan

General Health

Dr Nathaniel Ho

General Health

Dr Rashid Khan

General Health

Dr Nurhayati

General Health

Dr Sri Viknarajan

General Health

Dr Fatahiyah

General Health

Dr Nur Syuhada

General Health

Dr Lee Chin Meng

General Health

Dr Mohamad Kashfi

General Health

English and Malay
Our doctors can help you in both languages
Accredited Doctors
All doctors at DoctorOnCall are registered with Health Ministry of Malaysia
Privacy Guaranteed
Your data is safe and will not be revealed to any parties
Quick and Efficient
All queries will be answered by doctors in a quick and efficient manner
*This is a public forum. Please do not put any personal information such as phone numbers, emails as it will be publicly visible
Submit Anonymously

Give a title to your health problem
*Title must be more than 20 characters
Explain in detail what health problem you're having
*Explanation must be more than 20 characters
Please enter your email address so we can send you answer to your question

Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Small uneven area on heel (X Ray)

Answered by: Dr Ramzdhan

Last Updated: January 20, 2021 5:35 AM
Anonymous 46 days

Hi there, I am a 28 years old man and as long as I remember, I do not involved in any accident or any major sports injury, however I felt slight pain when massage my heel. It was after doing X ray only I noticed there is an uneven area on the tip of my calcaneus (heel). It looked like it has been through some friction, hence the uneven surface.
The report says: No evidence of any abnormality.
The ankle mortice is intact.
The calcaneum is normal.

But Im still worry about it as it will feel slight pain sometimes even if I do not touch it. May I know is it a big deal and what should I do to make it recover to normal? or should I avoid doing any sports? Do I need extra cushion to cover that area when wearing shoes? Thanks very much

Dr Ramzdhan 46 days
General Practitioner

Hi and thank you for asking us

Through the question and statement you gave on the above section, i completely understand your concern over this matter. But it is difficult for me to give an accurate choice of treatment and management without further examine your problem. I advise you to go to the nearest clinic or to an orthopedics specialist and bring the x-ray image with you as it is crucial for the doctor to have a look at the x-ray.

But I would advised you to monitor your condition for any signs of:

  • Pain during walking, standing or during rest
  • Numbness in your feet
  • Unable to move certain motions of the feet

For now, you should not do anything that could further complicate or injure your heel as playing sports or standing for a long period of time.

Still have weak knees? Get all the strength you need for your daily activities

If you have any more enquiries, you can click on the link (DoctorOnCall) and speak to our doctors in private and get the consultation you need on the phone. Thank you.

Worry no more about your back pain by contacting our Orthopaedics specialist here!


Last Updated: Wed Jan 20 2021 05:35:34 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Online Consultation
Talk to a doctor or Specialist online about general health from anywhere you are without having to queue anymore
Doctor Consult RM19.99 Specialist Consult From RM80
FREE Detailed Health Assessment
Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!
Start FREE Health Assessment