Malaysia's #1
Health Forum

Dark ring at top of foreskin

Answered by: Dr Nur Syuhada binti Zulkifli

Last Updated: October 24, 2019 1:30 AM

skipper4125 7 months

I’m a man in my 30’s and have noticed a dark pigmented ring around the top of my foreskin. Is this something to be worried about?

Dr Nur Syuhada binti Zulkifli 7 months
General Practitioner

Hello, thank you for asking.

The answer is a general description of the problem you’re having. Please click on this link (DoctorOnCall) to speak with us.

Based on the above information, we understand your concern about the problem you’re having. For your information, it can be caused by a variety of things. These includes:

  • Melanoma such as penile melanosis or lentigo
  • Vitiligo
  • Buwenoid papulosis

Since these symptoms have been around for a long time, and can interfere with your skin’s functional or cosmetic condition, you should seek treatment for this problem. However, to know the exact cause of the problem you are facing, more information is needed before a conclusion can be drawn.

Therefore, it is advisable to refer to this problem further as additional information and examination are required before conclusions and treatment can be provided. You can click on the link (DoctorOnCall) to contact your doctor or on the link (DoctorOnCallEPharma) to talk to our pharmacy online. We will protect your privacy. Thank you.

Last Updated: Thu Oct 24 2019 01:30:19 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
I have smelly preauricular sinus and it is uncomfortable Hi doctor, I have preauricular sinus and it is smelly especially the one at my right ear. Do you have any suggestions to stop the smell? Read more...
13 hours
How to stop the itchy and swelling of haemorrhoids? Hello doctor I am a woman , 21 . I experienced haemorrhoids after i got constipation about 1 month and half and I already took meds . Luckily the bleeding has stopped but i still feel the itchy … Read more...
5 days
Sakit dibahagian kiri dada Tunang sy mngalami rasa sakit dada sebelah kiri dan ada kalanya rasa x cukup nafas. Apakah punca ianya berlakau dan adakah ini serius? Read more...
7 hours
Lose weight n recuced appetite i am 18 years old, last year weighed 46kg n now only 41kg … lately this has reduced my appetite and eating too much will definitely make my stomach ache and urinate(buang hajat besar) Read more...
24 hours
Running nose and phlegm My 91-year old mother experienced running nose and phlegm whenever she’s eating. May I know what’s the cause of it. Read more...
22 hours
Claim RM300 for COVID-19 Test >
Ask Doctor For Free RM30 ePharmacy Cash Rewards