2 years

Hyperpigmentation skin problem

I am woman 26 y/o, my face have a phyperpigmentation problem. Please help me what should I do, it so obvious, I feel not confident with myself

Dr Ramzdhan,

2 years

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your problem.

We understand you have been experiencing hyperpigmentation of the skin that is affecting your self-confidence. We will try to help you out.

For your information, hyperpigmentation can be the result of sun exposure or skin inflammation which is seen in acne, cuts, or burns of the skin. Hyperpigmentation can be treated using these methods :

  • Using sunscreen
  • Avoid popping pimples
  • Products containing azelaic acid, hydroquinone, retinoids, and vitamin C can help in treating hyperpigmentation
  • Chemical peels
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Laser therapy

We encourage you to speak to a dermatologist to better understand your skin condition and how to treat hyperpigmentation as some of the treatment listed above may not be suitable for everyone. You can speak to our dermatologist online regarding your issue.

We hope that this answer has been helpful.
Thank you.

Click here to speak to a doctor


Do you know that your immune system plays role in the effectiveness of vaccines?

Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!

Health Forum

Explore health related questions.