3 years

Regarding to my partner

My partner and I had sex once and she was tested positive after the two months. Is my chance to get HIV high? What medicine is normally used in the early stage of HIV and is it costly?

Thank you for your questions. The following answers regarding your current queries are just general descriptions due to the limited information provided by you. Click on this link (DoctorOnCall) for a private consultation with our doctors.

First and foremost, we truly understand your concerns regarding your symptoms and other health problems you might be facing. From your complaints, it is possible that you may contract the virus from her even with a single sexual encounter. You should do a blood test to check your HIV status. The early stage of HIV is treated with a HAART therapy which consists of antiviral drugs. This treatment is usually indicated for those with low CD4+ white blood cell count. If it is under government hospital, the treatment would be affordable.

In order for us to provide you with an accurate choice of treatment and management, we need additional details to explore further into your current complaints. Therefore, we greatly suggest that you refer this to your nearest medical doctor. You may also click on this link (DoctorOnCall) to speak with our doctors online. We assure you that our conversations are kept in confidentiality unless additional consultation needed with other medical parties. Thank you.


Do you know that your immune system plays role in the effectiveness of vaccines?

Prevention is better than cure. Is My Body Ready to Fight Infection? Find Out in only 5 short minutes!

Health Forum

Explore health related questions.